Friday, February 6, 2015

Have You Heard of Dover Publications?

Hello Friends! Are you ready for the weekend?

I have a card and a great source to share with you today. Some of you may be familiar with Dover Publications. They've been around for a very long time. I first became familiar with them long before the computer age (boy that makes me sound ancient doesn't it?) when I was just deciding that graphic design would be my field of study. Creating advertisements was a a lot different back then than it is today, and while use of stock photos and illustration is still very common today  (there are dozens if not hundreds of suppliers), I think Dover was one of the pioneers in the area. In short they produce a large line of books, many in the artistic realm, and among them are books with illustrations and images that can be used in various ways and some of them even come with digitized versions of the images on CD.




The image on this card is one of theirs. It came colored as you see it. I simply sized and printed in on my printer. They have a huge selection of books including both 'pre-colored' and 'line drawn' images that you could color yourself. This image was one of the 'samples' they send out each week when you subscribe to their free newsletter. I'm not affiliated with them in any way but if you've never heard of them I suggest you check out the site Dover Publicatons and sign up for the newsletter too. It's a great source for any artist or crafter to have on their list.

Happy Crafting!

signature

5 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely card! Thanks for the tip!

KathyA. said...

Love, love, love the layout of this card that so beautifully focuses on the image! And thanks for the link to Dover. I just signed up for their newsletter and can't wait to start using their images.

KathyA. said...

Forgot to add that the link in your blog didn't work. I found the site where I could sign up for the newsletter here http://store.doverpublications.com/

TK said...

This card is so lovely and fuchsias are one of my favorites. What a great resource. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I had several of their books with CDs but never used 'em, so I sold them. It's nice to see them used in a card, so thanks for sharing. Lovely card! From Laura P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...