Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hero Arts Happy Birthday

Hello Friends! My card share today is the last of the cards that I's made for the OWH Virtual Card Making Party. Lori's Kreations hosted a challenge to create a red, white and blue birthday card. I'm not sure that this fits the challenge totally since it includes that green grass too but I liked how it came out. This fun hot air balloon is from the Hero Arts OWH Fundraiser Stamp Sets called Happy Birthday. It's one of the first sets they did for OWH and has limited availability so if it's one you've always liked (it's one of my favorites) but haven't added to your collection yet get it while you can.

Cloud Embossing Folder by Paper Studio •  Sentiment Stamp-Unknown
I used my Martha Stewart fringe scissors to create the grass. They are one of those items that for some reason I just couldn't resist. When I finally broke down to buy them I got them cheap by using a coupon. I think that subconsciously I must have known that I wouldn't have that much use for them (and in fact I use them very rarely) so I didn't dare pay full price. But they're fun and easy to use and I'm guessing if I put my mind to it I could find more designs to use them in.

I'm hoping I can both make some time and find some motivation to make some more cards so that I'll have another to share with you next week.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!
signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula I sure miss your daily posts and lovely cards. I hope you have been successful in your job hunt and will be able to entertain us on a daily basis again soon. Loved this card!

Unknown said...

Great card, sharp colors, crisp contrast and fun too! Great use of the cloud ef, goes so well with the other theme elements! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...