Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paper Smooches Cool Shades Challenge



Have you seen the  Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge blog yet? There is a new challenge each week.  This week it's a  Cool Shades color challenge and the color scheme is called "Fiesta". 



Well I don't often have time to join challenges but when I saw this one I couldn't resist because the card idea popped into my head immediately.  I pictured the cute characters in the Paper Smooches Chubby Chums set dressed for a Fiesta. I drew this Sombrero and though it took a couple of attempts I think I finally got the proportion about right. Sombreros are such fun that I thought it would be a perfect pairing with these guys.


Papers Smooches - Chubby Chums Set • Chevron Die by My Favorite Things
Striped Paper by K&Co. • Solid Papers by DCWV & Michael's Crafts

This was the most fun that I've had creating a card in a long time. I think that maybe it's a sign that I need to spend more time on the challenge blogs as a means to refresh my creativity.

Happy Crafting Everyone!

3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

You DREW that sombrero? AWESOME! It's perfect for him. Being a PS fan, you KNOW my brain was going through the inventory thinking "is there a sombrero I missed?"

Awesome, crisp card!

Linda said...

Uber adorable & fun!

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, what a CUTE image, and that sombrero you drew is fabulous!! You have such artistic talent with your drawings! I love the chevrons in different widths with the stripes too! What a colorful fiesta!
Thanks too for your thoughtful comment on my card today. I don't remember ever being so flattered in such an extraordinary way! You truly made my day :) Huge thank-yous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...