Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Birthday Boys

While I can generally do pretty well with masculine cards for little boys and adults, making cards that are "just right" for teenage boys is more of a challenge for me. Determined to work on some for my next box of OWH cards and inspired by the card made by our Featured Cardmaker Lee Mae back in April, I hunted down some skateboarder clip art (who knew that the clip art I've collected over the years as a graphic designer would find a wonderful new use!).



I like how these turned out and know that I'll turn to these images again in the future. Now I need to think of some other "teen boy" images to hunt for.
signature

8 comments:

John VanMulders said...

Very cool and masculine/boyish cards.

Jen M said...

These are awesome, Paula! I know my teen nephews would love them!

Lee Mae said...

Hi, Love these cards! My son saw these, he's 17, and he really liked them too.

I have an idea to use OWH Sketch 73 for some new (to me) Stampin Up silhouette stamps of a skateboarder and motocross rider that I think will work really well with the angle element of the card design looking like a ramp. Gotta make 'em first to know if they come out OK or if I crash and burn, lol!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your teen boy cards are wonderful! Thanks for playing in our Cards 4 Kids challenge at Operation Write Home!

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous Cards for a teen, Paula! Those silouette images really work. You might also check out digi images at Dude Time Doodles/Bonibleaux Designs. All of their images are masculine related and they have some great ones for teenagers, too. I design for them and use a lot of their images and sentiments on OWH cards.

Shannon White said...

Very Cool! Love these! Just perfect for Teenage boys! Love the dp's you used too. Just fantastic!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Unknown said...

Those will go over great!

Tammy said...

WOW Paula these are perfect for teen boys! Fantastic silhouette image...I love it!
Tammy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...